10:30 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Understanding the marine environmental consequences of artificial island construction and mitigating associated risks
Construction of a large number of islands and coastal developments in the region may lead to damage or deterioration of the natural environment, cause harm to wild or marine life or affect their aesthetic value.
This panel will discuss:
- Marine environmental consequences of artificial island construction
- Latest marine protection laws issued for the Dubai coastal area
- Best practices to monitor and assess land reclamation’s impacts on species, habitats and the marine ecosystem
- Methods to avoid permanent loss of marine habitats, and predict changes in coastal currents
- Ways to mitigate the significant adverse impacts on marine and coastal biodiversity